I have had a super busy summer of traveling and I’ve been trying to keep my skincare on the top of my priority list! There is nothing worse than walking off a flight with tight, dry skin that looks lifeless and tired. Today I’m going to be talking about my in-flight skincare essentials so that I walk off every plane feeling fresh and glowy.
- First things first, I disinfect my hands and my area of the plane before any skincare starts happening. Yep, I am totally that germaphobe who wipes down her area as soon as I sit. Maybe not the biggest deal in the world if you aren’t about to dip into your skincare products or you’re on a super short flight, but for me this is a MUST, especially if I am about to rub products all over my face. I use these wipes on my hands first and then wipe down my area. They are small and compact to fit in any bag and come in handy way more often than just on planes.
- Next up, makeup removal. I love flying at night so I usually board planes with my makeup on and ready to go. I take off my makeup with these wipes by LA Fresh– they are a long time favorite of mine and I love that they come in a pack like normal makeup wipes or they come individually packaged like you see here. I keep a couple in my purse and they, again, are small and compact so they take up almost no room at all.
- Once your makeup is off you’re going to want to layer on the Summer Friday’s Jet Lag Mask. There are soooo many reasons to love this mask but I especially love it when flying for a few reasons:
- It is a one stop shop as far as a mask goes. I put a nice layer on all over my face and then I really lather it up under my eyes for it to do some work on my ever-present dark circles. You don’t need to bring 10 products with you on flights- just this one will have you covered (and it’s under the liquid size for carry-on bags, so brining it on flight is a non-issue).
- It is super hydrating. I hate leaving a flight with dried out, tight skin and this mask works while it’s on to hydrate so that you leave glowing- not dry.
- It absorbs into your skin nicely. You’re not going to be sitting on the plane looking like a grease ball with a serum on, and this is no charcoal mask. It soaks into your skin like nothing is even there– it’s not sticky, it’s not greasy, it’s not shiny, and no one will know you have it on.
- It provides a barrier for your skin. While this mask isn’t super apparent to anyone around you, it is actually pretty thick. I love putting it on in flights because I feel like it’s creating a barrier on my skin so that nothing can penetrate through. It makes my skin feel protected from all the yuckiness on flights.
- Last but not lease, I finish off my plane skincare with the Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask. I use this product WAY more than just when I’m sleeping because of how much I love it. If you haven’t tried it yet you are seriously missing out. It’s thick, smells amazing, feels amazing (this really feels like it’s creating a barrier, too) and it lasts for hours. You won’t need to reapply 15 times mid-flight and that’s for sure.
Do you do anything special for your skin when flying? If so- I would love to know what! I would also love to hear from you guys if you try any of my tips.
Thanks for reading, until next time!