I know what you’re thinking… an entire post about a body polish? And I get it. I am thinking the same thing. But this is a beauty blog after all and when a product is this good, it deserves it’s own blog post.
I discovered this Dove Exfoliating Body Polish when it was sent to me in sample size in my PinchMe box. One use of it and I knew I would be purchasing a full size. I was extra excited about it because, as y’all know, I get laser hair removal pretty much everywhere on my body, and one of the most important things to do when getting laser hair removal is to exfoliate after treatments! The reason for this is so that the hair (that is weakening because of the laser treatments) can break back through your skin and you won’t get ingrowns. Same thing goes for after a wax, make sure you exfoliate after if you don’t want ingrowns!
Even if you don’t wax or get laser hair removal, this body polish isn’t only for that use. We all know how important it is to exfoliate your face, so why is your body any different? It isn’t! And it should be exfoliated too. This product is so gentle on my skin and makes it so silky smooth and soft, I am absolutely obsessed with it.
A few reasons why it’s the best:
- The beads don’t melt away in the middle of exfoliating. I hate when that happens, it’s such a waste of product! These stay put and you can really scrub and scrub and scrub until you’ve exfoliated to your satisfaction.
- The consistency is really nice. Just like you don’t want the exfoliating beads to melt away while your scrubbing, you don’t want the product to wash away while your scrubbing either! A little goes a long way and the scrub will stay in place until you wash it away.
- It doesn’t leave a residue on my skin. I am very picky about what I will use to wash and moisturize my body (it’s been the same products for years) but I can use this scrub last before I jump out of the shower and my skin feels great afterwards. Not dry, not tight, not dirty, just great!
- Have I mentioned the smell? I probably should have mentioned that first cause holy crap it smells amazing!! There are different flavors but I use the crushed macadamia & rice milk. I don’t even want to try to describe it because I can’t do it justice, but y’all know how I am with the smell of products so you can just trust me on this one and thank me later.
- It’s not super rough on your skin like some exfoliators can be. It’s gentle, it feels like a massage, and it’s effective!
- Oh yeah, and its only $5.99 for a tub of it!
I seriously can’t get enough of this stuff and was super excited to share it with you all! You can grab it pretty much anywhere (CVS, Target, Walmart) and I’ve also linked it in this post if online shopping is your thing. Try it out and let me know what you think!
Until next time!